SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT
Find a Social Media Management Consultant
If you’re looking for a social media consultant to boost your socials and achieve greater digital visibility, you’ve come to the right place. Our directory contains an extensive list of the best social media management consultants in Australia who can help you establish, grow and optimise your business’s social media presence.
Choose Ads Haus for data-driven, DIY training, done-with-you or done-for-you social media ad campaign Management that’ll boost your visibility, nurture your ideal clients, and skyrocket your sales.
Creative Desk is your virtual marketing assistant, we assist small businesses with affordable and professional marketing communications. Whether you need full support on daily basis or have a one off project, we can assist.
I help coaches and service-based business owners market their business on Instagram through my 1:1 coaching, online course and digital products.
Social Media Manager FAQ'S
What does a social media manager do all day?
A social media manager’s job is to help businesses achieve greater digital visibility via their social media platforms such as Instagram, TikTok and Facebook. Their daily responsibilities may include:
- Developing strategies and campaigns to increase their clients’ followers
- Brainstorming ideas and co-ordinating messaging with other departments eg PR and marketing
- Creating fresh content to post on social media
- Producing videos
- Designing GIFs
- Running hashtag campaigns
- Managing paid ad campaigns
- Researching third-party content
- Reviewing data analytics to refine and improve their strategies
- Responding to customers’ messages
- Giving feedback to management and other key stakeholders
What skills do I need to be a social media manager?
You need social media expertise and strong writing skills, with particular emphasis on writing for social media as it’s very different from mainstream copywriting. You need to know how to use analytics tools and you need good research skills too. You also need to know the ins and outs of SEO. Design skills are also valuable as graphics, videos, images and even memes play a big role in social media. Good people skills are also important.
How do Social Media Managers get paid?
Social media managers can either work for a company and earn a salary, or they can be self-employed. A freelance social media manager can charge per hour or per project, or can offer their services on a monthly retainer basis.
Is it hard to become a Social Media Manager?
Unlike professions such as nursing or teaching, social media management doesn’t require any particular degree or qualification. However, it’s always useful to have some sort of formal training like a diploma or online course. The best entry to the profession is to get real-life experience working with a business that has a vibrant social media strategy and which implements it really well.
How can I make a career in social media?
Your starting point should be to acquire as much information and knowledge about the world of social media as possible. Follow people in the know, research tools for social media management and build your knowledge base. Kickstart your career by joining a company that has a strong social media presence and learn the ropes from the ground up. You can also start your career by volunteering to run the social media for a charity, sports club or local community organisation.
What should I ask a social media consultant?
Selecting the right social media consultant for your business can be tricky. These questions will help you choose the right person for your job:
- What’s the ‘personality’ of my brand (they should have done some research beforehand on your business)
- What social media platforms do you think are best for my business?
- What are the key metrics my business should monitor regularly?
- How would you go about engaging with my audience?
- How do you measure the performance of your social media campaigns?
- How would you respond to a social media crisis?
- Do you work well in a team environment?
- What type of budget would you expect to have?
- How successful are you in your own social media networks? Ask to see any blogs they’ve written and get a feel for their own content to see if it looks fresh, original, compelling, fun etc.
- Can I see examples of your work with other clients?
- How connected are you to other influencers in my industry?
How do you become a social media expert?
Your priority is to gain skills and knowledge in social media management. From creative and design skills to technical expertise and data analytics, you need a wide range of capabilities to succeed as a social media consultant. Build up your own social media networks and grow your own brand, and keep up-to-date with trends and new tools. Get some real-world experience in a small business or community organisation and learn the fundamentals of the different social media platforms.
How to Become a Successful Social Media Consultant
Eight steps to becoming a successful social media consultant are:
- Establish your personal social media presence and get creative with your content
- Gain an understanding of all major social media channels eg Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn, Snapchat and TikTok. Having a personal account will help you understand how to use the apps and their features
- Network. Develop relationships with key players, participate in online forums and attend industry events
- Get involved in the social media community. Write blogs about current social media topics/trends
- Gain hands-on experience
- Strengthen your analytics skills
- Stay up-to-date with social media trends
- Build a social media portfolio to share with potential clients